Welcome to my little corner




Hi all. I'm Tracey SAHM to Erin and a crazy crafter.
My interests include:
Cross stitch
Papercrafts
Rats and many other animals
Reading
and Surfing the web
Hope you enjoy browsing and please scroll down to view all my links. I visit some great sites and hopefully some of them will inspire you

Sunday, 29 January 2012

Reading Challenge update

To save money I decided to only read free or second-hand books for this challenge. I've had great fun finding ones that looked interesting and fit the criteria (details here )
First book was one I found on Amazon FREE (I love free books) to download for e-reader on my PC

This was for
A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title
I opted for 'Moon Dance : Vampire for Hire' by J.R. Rain  as I'm a sucker for anything vampire (hey I even tried Twilight!)  You can download this from Amazon
This was an enjoyable read but hardly one for stretching my mind.

A mum of 2 and a federal agent is turned, leading her to change jobs and become a private detective. The story starts with her juggling her 'condition', raising a family and her career. This isn't helped by her husband behaving as though she is going to dine on him and the kids any day now.
She takes a new case involving a man who was shot multiple times yet survived and during this case her home life is destroyed.

I don't want to spoil this for you so I'll stop there. It's a good easy read for bedtime, but I prefer something a little less blah

I've just started my book for
A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title
and (so far) it looks to be less fluffy easy reading than 'Moon Dance' (I'm so glad). I'm reading 'East of the Mountains' by David Guterson.

Since I've only read the first chapter I can't really give you the run down, but, I'll give you the blurb from the back.

"When Dr Ben Givens left his home in Seattle- heading east with his Winchester and his hunting dogs in tow - he never intended to return.  It was to be a journey past snow-covered mountains to a place of canyons, sagelands and orchards, where, on the verges of the Columbia River, Ben Givens had entered the world and would now take his leave of it. What transpired was not the journey he anticipated."

I bought this for 50p in a charity shop :) But you could buy it from Amazon

I have to add I get nothing (except perhaps warm fuzzies) if you click through and buy from Amazon, I just like to read and share what I read to perhaps help others find new reading material.

Tracey (who will be back with a stitchy update soon) xxx

1 comment:

Louise said...

Have you checked bookswap.com? You can swap your old books for others.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. X

How we can help. Click the pictures

Followers